Sunday, February 9, 2014

9th February 2014

Another nice week has passed.  It was a good one because we had some rain, we had an overnight guest, classes went well, both of us here in the house are healthy, we haven’t heard of any deaths in the neighborhood, and so the week is complete.
 
The teachers at school laughed at me on Thursday because I said that I was resigning.  As I was leaving school I told the Headmistress that as well, and, although everyone knew I was teasing, still it worked.  What worked?  Well, I've been complaining that there is no teacher’s chair in either classroom in which I teach.  Now I usually don’t spend a lot of time sitting during a class but when students are doing some desk work or taking a test or having group work or discussion, there is usually a few minutes that I could be sitting and getting some new energy during those 80 minutes of class time.  And the second 80 minutes are especially hard when I've been standing all that time.  (I have one group for 80 minutes and then immediately following is the second group for another 80 minutes.)  On Saturday when I went to school for the remedial English class, I noticed that each classroom had a chair at the teacher’s desk!  So you see, it did work.

Another good thing that happened this week was that I got a hair cut!  I think others will be happier than me about that since they don’t have to look at the straggly hair any longer.  It also helps to feel a little cooler, although this past week wasn't bad because of the cooling rain that we had.  We have a new hairdresser in town and I like the way he cuts hair so I've switched from the only other hairdresser in town who cuts this kind of hair.  His salon is also very convenient since it's right near the shops that I usually visit when I go for shopping  in town, so the woman who used to give me a headache because she was never on time for her appointments is missing out.


And so I’m ready to begin another week.  Nature is helping keep everyone’s spirits up with all the green around, and  those who have fields of crops are grateful for the good season so far.  May all the right conditions continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment